Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Attitude

The Attitude: As you can see, The Attitude is a boat, a new boat. She's a 2008 Sailfish Express. Overall length is 25'. Her beam is 9'. She's powered by a single Yamaha F250 Outboard. Electronics package includes: Garmin 4212 GPSMAP, Garmin 4kw digital radar, Furuno 620 digital fish finder and an Icom504 vhf radio. All networked together. Here's a picture of the cockpit console.


I am currently working with my, get this, ex-Suzuki dealer whose helping me with a little R&D where it comes to the propeller and engine height. This would be a good time to plug the guys at Whalen's Marine here in Chesapeake, Va. You won't find better customer service anywhere, Period.

Last weekend Jimmy showed up at the dock with a PowerTeck 4-Blade prop from Bay Propeller. It was of the same diameter and pitch as my current 3-blade so it really did nothing to improve the hole-shot and time to plane. Next week, Jimmy will do me another favor and raise the motor up 1 bolt hole on the transom. This coupled with a 15 or 16 pitch 4-blade prop is expected to take care of my current issues.




No comments: