Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Race at Richmond Speedway

So this posting isn't about fishing or hunting. It's still about something that takes place outdoors. Racing is one thing my youngest son and I share. Jason was supposed to be here in Virginia for the Spring Richmond race but his boss ended up having other plans. Funny how work often gets in the way! Hopefully he'll have better luck for the Fall race.

So any way, I've been messing around with this blog thing and said to myself, "Self, maybe this forum would be a good way of getting pictures posted for others; friends, family and yes - even acquaintances like my buddy Bill who's always telling me - "you have no friends, only acquaintances." So let's try it out.

I'll try to keep this short and not get into the merits of how this race ended. It's the subject of every NASCAR sports show from Sirius radio to news print. Probably will provide all the material they need to cover a full weeks worth of shows. I will however, make one comment. Sorry!

All the Bush haters out there (and I'm one of them) are spending too much time trying to say Bush took out Earnhardt on purpose. Here's my take on the Punk. He's a cocky little SOB that's driving way past his ability. He has little respect for the other drivers - in all 3 venues; Nationwide, truck and cup. Everyone with any significant seat time behind the wheel of a "race car" knows that your best friend going into a turn is always the car to your outside. I know this from 8 years experience racing enduro's at our local track. If you have little to no regard for the car to your outside, you can run much harder into the turn knowing that if you get loose, you bounce off the other drivers car which 9 times out of 10 will straighten you up without loosing any time. What happens to the other guy, well, in an enduro, you didn't much care. And therein lies the problem with Kyle Bush, he doesn't care about the other drivers. With enduro's, it's all about excitement and wrecks. That's what packed the stands. In Nascar, it's a different story. That's my rant on this subject. Sorry!

Here are some of the pictures I took at the race for my Son, Jason. I wanted to give him a feel for the event, the hoards of people and the track itself. We'll start with a very short video:









Here are a few pictures starting off with the one he'll like the most. The 88 during the red flag.









Sorry you couldn't be here for the race Jason. Let's hope the boss will approve some off in the Fall for the next one.

No comments: